Forza Horizon 5: Hot Wheels FAQ
Calling all daredevil drivers and creators! Hot Wheels and Forza Horizon are back together in Forza Horizon 5’s first expansion coming July 19 to Xbox consoles, PC on Windows and Steam, and Cloud Gaming (Beta)Forza Horizon 5: Hot Wheels introduces players to the visually stunning, exhilarating new Horizon Hot Wheels Park in the clouds high above Mexico where you discover 10 amazing new cars, and design, build and share your own Hot Wheels adventure with over 80 distinct, snappable track pieces. Please see our announcement blog post for more information.
Q: When is the release date for Forza Horizon 5: Hot Wheels?
A: Forza Horizon 5: Hot Wheels will release on July 19, 2022 at 10:00 a.m. PDT.
Q: What platforms will it release on?
A: Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Windows 10/11 PCs, Cloud Gaming (Beta) and Steam.
Q: How much will Forza Horizon 5: Hot Wheels cost?
A: This new expansion is included in the Forza Horizon 5 Premium Add-ons Bundle, the Premium Edition and Expansions Bundle. It’s also available for standalone purchase at $19.99 USD.
Q: Does Forza Horizon 5: Hot Wheels support raytracing?
A: Just like in Forza Horizon 5, Forza Horizon 5: Hot Wheels leverages ray tracing to deliver true-to-life reflections for hundreds of cars featured in Forzavista. Forza Horizon 5 runs at 4K 30 FPS on Xbox Series X, and 1080p 30 FPS on Xbox Series S. For players that prefer to optimize for framerate, we are providing a performance mode option that will run at 60 FPS.
Q: What can I expect with Forza Horizon 5: Hot Wheels?
A: In Forza Horizon 5: Hot Wheels, players will be able to experience a new map, cars, features, and more, including:
- Explore the new Horizon Hot Wheels Park in the clouds high above Mexico.
- In a first for the franchise, join friends and play the entire expansion from the very beginning in co-op.
- Enlist into the Hot Wheels Academy and embark on an exciting new campaign of extreme speed, moving your way up to faster and faster car classes.
- Design, build, and share your own Hot Wheels adventure with over 80 distinct, snappable track pieces.
- 10 new cars including four new Hot Wheels scaled up to life size—learn more at our announcement blog post.
Q: What markets will Forza Horizon 5: Hot Wheels be available in, and what are your localization plans?
A: Forza Horizon 5: Hot Wheels will be available in markets wherever Xbox games are sold and will feature localized text in the following languages:
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Spanish (Mexico and Spain)
- Traditional Chinese
- Simplified Chinese
- European Portuguese
Forza Horizon 5: Hot Wheels will feature full localized voiceover support for English, French, German, Spanish (Mexico), Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish (Spain), Italian and Korean.
Q: Will Forza Horizon 5: Hot Wheels include sign language?
A: American Sign Language (ASL) and British Sign Language (BSL) for in-game cinematics will be coming in a future update; stay tuned.
Q: What new game settings have been added to Forza Horizon 5: Hot Wheels?
A: Forza Horizon 5: Hot Wheels features our fastest, most extreme, gravity-defying tracks yet. We have enabled accessibility features to make the experience more comfortable, including a roll indicator, the ability to turn motion blur off, field of view sliders, and a stunt steering assist.
With the exception of Motion Blur, which is available to all players whether or not they own the Hot Wheels expansion, these settings can only be interacted with when players are in the Horizon Hot Wheels Park area of the game.
All settings listed here can also be found within the accessibility menu.
Hot Wheels Stunt Steering Assist
- Available in Settings > Difficulty.
- When this setting is toggled ON, it will help steer away from the edges of the track when you are driving through steeply tilted or inverted Hot Wheels track pieces.
- This setting can only be toggled while you are outside of a race event in the Horizon Hot Wheels Park.
Hot Wheels Roll Indicator
- Available in Settings > HUD and Gameplay.
- When this setting is toggled ON, a UI reticle will appear in the middle of the screen, which dynamically changes based on the car’s rotation while on Hot Wheels tracks.
Camera FOV adjustments
- Available in Settings > Video.
- Your camera settings for Mexico won’t be affected by any changes to your chosen Hot Wheels FOV.
- For the first time, console players will be able to adjust their FOV. The following camera FOVs can be adjusted on console or PC:
- Hot Wheels Chase Cam FOV
- Hot Wheels Far Chase Cam FOV
- The following camera FOVs can be adjusted on PC only:
- Hot Wheels Driver Cam FOV
- Hot Wheels Dashboard Cam FOV
- Hot Wheels Hood Cam FOV
- Hot Wheels Bumper Cam FOV
Motion Blur (new for console players, and available to all players whether or not they own the Hot Wheels expansion)
- Available in Settings > Video.
- Console players, for the first time, can choose between three options for motion blur: Off, Short, Long.
Q: I’m new to Forza Horizon 5! How do I play the Forza Horizon 5: Hot Wheels expansion?
A: To unlock the Hot Wheels Expedition, you’ll need to complete the “Initial Experience” of Forza Horizon 5. This consists of the Initial Drive, a Showcase Event and your first Horizon Story mission. Afterwards, the Hot Wheels icon will be added to your map.
Q: Why are collisions disabled in Horizon Open Racing on Hot Wheels Park? Why can’t they be toggled on in Custom Racing?
A: Due to the more enclosed nature of Hot Wheels tracks, as well as their increased speed and extreme verticality, it became clear to us during the development of Forza Horizon 5: Hot Wheels that online racing on Hot Wheels Park is more fun and enjoyable when player-to-player collisions are disabled. This setting only applies to Open Racing on Hot Wheels Park and doesn’t impact the base game.
Q: Forza Horizon 5: Hot Wheels introduces new Festival Playlist events for Hot Wheels Park. Is completion of these events required to unlock the Min, Meet Max achievement or new seasonal car and cosmetic rewards?
A: No, completion of Hot Wheels Park events on the Festival Playlist are not required to unlock the Min, Meet Max achievement nor new seasonal car and cosmetic rewards introduced as part of series updates. These Hot Wheels events are bonus content for owners of the Forza Horizon 5: Hot Wheels expansion and do not contribute towards completion of the Min, Meet Max achievement. Furthermore, players are not required to complete Hot Wheels events to achieve Gold for a series when viewing Series History.