ABOUT BANS AND OTHER ENFORCEMENT ACTIONS
Players may be banned or receive other enforcement actions when their behavior violates the Xbox Community Standards and/or Forza Enforcement Guidelines. Reasons include, but are not limited to, unsportsmanlike conduct, User Generated Content that does not follow our E for Everyone rating, hate speech, harassment, and/or cheating.
Players may also report others if they witness behavior that violates our code of conduct. For more information, see our How to Report a Player article.
WHAT IS AN APPEAL?
An appeal is a request to reverse, reduce or remove a penalty applied to your account.
Our ticket system only manages game bans.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Our goal is to have a fun, safe and inclusive gameplay environment for all Forza players, and a fair system for managing safety and enforcement.
When you file an appeal a Forza Support & Safety Agent will review and study your ticket as well as the evidence used for the original enforcement action.
We will send a response to your ticket to let you know whether your appeal is approved or declined.
WHAT MAY HELP YOUR APPEAL
- Provide details about when and how you received the enforcement action and why you believe it should be overturned
- Include evidence or information that supports your appeal
- File the appeal while the ban is in place. We cannot undo an enforcement action that has already ended.
WHAT WILL NOT HELP YOUR APPEAL
We will not remove a ban if you intentionally violated the code of conduct and or guidelines, this includes retaliatory conduct. We do not support that behavior, even if you feel it was justified. We encourage players to report accounts that violate the code and/or guidelines rather than retaliating.
Players are expected to follow Xbox Community Standards and Forza Enforcement Guidelines at all times, this includes during the ban appeal process. If you violate the Xbox Community Standards and/or Forza Enforcement Guidelines while appealing a ban you may receive additional consequences.
As a reminder the following behavior is unacceptable during an appeal:
- Threatening, using profanity, or insulting language when interacting with our Forza Support & Safety Agents
- Harassing studio members in person or online. The only path to an appeal is through the ticket form. Turn 10 Studios and/or Playground Games members are unable to reverse enforcement actions in response to a tweet or message.
- Impersonating a Turn 10 Studios and/or Playground Games employee
- Submitting repeat tickets for the same appeal
- Repeatedly replying to a closed ticket to try to influence the Forza Support & Safety Agent
If you violate the Xbox Standards when interacting with our agents or staff, you may be reported to Xbox Safety and receive additional or increased penalties or enforcement actions.
STEPS TO FILE AN APPEAL
Active bans may be appealed by submitting a ticket. If you want to learn why you may have been banned, review the Xbox Community Standards, Forza Enforcement Guidelines, and the "My Ban History" pages.
- Log into your account in the top-right corner of aka.ms/ForzaSupport
- Click on this link to submit a Ban Appeal ticket or click on "Submit a ticket" below and select Ban Appeal from the drop-down options.
- Fill out the Subject, Description, and Forza title you received enforcement action in and click Submit.
All Forza Support & Safety Agents answer tickets in the order they were received. Spamming your ticket will result in your ticket moving down the list and further enforcement actions.