What to do if your wheel has an input axis mapped incorrectly or flipped/inverted?
- In your Steam Library, right click Forza Horizon 5 and select Properties...
- Select Local Files then Browse…
- Open the media folder
- Copy inputmappingprofiles.zip somewhere safe as a backup.
- Unzip inputmappingprofiles.zip
- In the inputmappingprofiles folder find the DefaultRawGameControllerMapping* file that matches your wheel. (e.x. DefaultRawGameControllerMappingProfileThrustmasterTX458.xml)
- Add a DInput* attribute to modify the behavior you are seeing. (See below for examples on how to use the attributes)
- Rezip inputmappingprofiles.zip
- Launch Forza Horizon 5.
The DInput attribute keys are:
- DInputIndex – Override "Index" value for the command. Use this if a mapping is not correct (e.x. gas pedal is mapping to brake as in the example image below)
- DInputInvertAxis – Override "InvertAxis" value. Use this if an axis if working but is flipped/inverted (e.x. handbrake is on by default and turns off when you pull it)
- DInputFFBInvertAxis - Invert/flip the force feedback direction. Use this if the force feedback is working but flipped/inverted (e.x. when you turn into a corner, the wheel is not trying to center but instead pulling harder into the corner)
Example of how the DInputIndex and DInputInvertAxis keys should be used.
Example of how the DInputFFBInvertAxis key should be used.