We want each of our players around the world to experience Forza Horizon 5 in a way that works best for them. We embrace Xbox’s philosophy that gaming is for everyone and should be inclusive and accessible.
Go to Settings > Accessibility to get to the menu.
In Forza Horizon 5, you can find the following options:
When you start Forza Horizon 5, you can immediately navigate to the Accessibility menu at the push of a button. From here you can enable any of our accessibility options, adjust the difficulty and gameplay assists, change the language selection, turn on subtitles and more. You’re free to fully customize your experience before hitting the throttle!
In Forza Horizon 5, we improved and evolved how players customize their cars and their own Horizon Adventure path. Naturally, we also expanded our character customization options with more to choose from than ever before. Customize who you are, or who you want to be, how you look and sound, and have fun selecting clothing, accessories, emotes and more.
Forza Horizon 5 introduces an Offline Game Speed modification that allows players to explore and race through Mexico at a reduced speed when playing offline. This feature is great for newcomers, providing more time to react to the on-screen action. This option doesn’t affect audio, the UI remains snappy and responsive, and you can adjust the slow-motion speed to your preference. By retaining the game’s framerate, enjoy a buttery smooth slow-motion presentation.
Difficulty and driving assists are what the Forza series is known for, so that the game can be as easy or as challenging as you want it to be
Tourist is a new Drivatar option that ensures everyone has a fun experience, no matter their skill level. Seamlessly lead every race as you take in the vibrant sights of Mexico.
For those who wish to experience the storytelling arc of Forza Horizon 5, we’ve added an option to progress through Horizon Stories without completing the challenges in each chapter.
Options and Settings
Language Select allows you to choose which language you prefer the game to use regardless of your system’s current region or device’s language setting.
Personalize the sound heard through your speakers or headphones with granular volume sliders. With full control over audio playback, you can turn up, turn down or completely remove car sounds, radio music, character dialogue and ambience.
Adjustable camera field-of-view options on PC versions of Forza Horizon 5 can help customize the experience and assist with overall visibility.
On Xbox consoles and PC, toggle on/off the cockpit drift camera when using one of the in-car cameras. Players can adjust the cockpit drift camera sensitivity, look speed and range.
Enable visual accessibility options to change the color of game map icons and the user interface. This makes it easier to visualize game elements and menu items by compensating for color blindness. Choose from Deuteranopia (Green), Protanopia (Red), and Tritanopia (Blue).
New in Forza Horizon 5 are individual color-blind filters that apply to all of the game visuals, including cars and the environment around you. This doesn’t change the game UI as it can be adjusted separately. High Contrast mode makes it much easier to read text across the game’s colorful backgrounds.
The suggested driving line color does not change based on these settings as the game’s UI, HUD, and menus were designed to be clearly visible and consistent to players with or without color blindness.
Forza Horizon 5 includes options to enable or disable various HUD elements, in-game notifications, and player designs. Plus, individually configure the power and spring measurement units displayed in-game.
We’ve also added the ability to disable moving backgrounds and change the duration of how long notifications in the game appear.
Controls and Input
Forza Horizon 5 supports full controller remapping functionality on all platforms. This enables players to customize their controller and wheel settings to their preference.
- Users can copy the default control layout to a new custom profile as a starting point, so the entire profile doesn't need to be mapped from scratch. This option is found in the Settings menu under Controller Settings. To create a new custom profile or modify an existing profile, navigate to the Custom Controller Profile tab.
- Up to five custom controller profiles can be saved.
- On PC, players can input custom key-bindings for keyboard and mouse play and similarly save up to five custom profiles.
Use Forza LINK on the d-pad to communicate with other players online. You can use Forza LINK to Convoy up with players you meet in the shared world and even recommend content to play. Get started by pressing the left d-pad button.
When using a keyboard to navigate the UI, the Page Up and Page Down buttons allow you to change tabs.
Forza Horizon 5 offers full multi-USB device support on PC. Play with any controller or device that has a USB output.
Playground Games is partnering with Special Effect to build devices that enable physically disabled players to enjoy games.
Subtitles display in-game for all pertinent dialogue in cinematics and gameplay (everything except radio DJ banter). These appear on the bottom center of the screen and players can customize how they look by tweaking the following options from within the Accessibility menu:
- Subtitles Text Size – Adjust the font size of all subtitles.
- Subtitles Background Opacity – Adjust the transparency of the subtitle background.
- Subtitles Keyword Highlighting – Ensure keywords in subtitles are clearly highlighted.
- Preview Subtitles – See an example of how your subtitle settings will look in motion.
- Increased Text Size – Increases the overall size of all menu text.
Screen Reader Narration
Forza Horizon 5 includes support for screen reading narration that reads text, buttons, and other elements aloud – allowing audio to guide you through the Horizon experience.
- Follow these steps to enable Screen Reader narration for Xbox consoles:
- Press the Xbox Button to open the guide
- Navigate to Settings > Ease of Access > Game Transcription
- Set Let Games Read to Me to On
- Launch the Xbox Console Companion app. (Version 48.55.30001 or later.)
- Navigate to Settings > Scroll down to Game chat Transcription
- Set Let Games Read to Me to On
We’ve also included the ability to enable Screen Reader directly in Forza Horizon 5 through the Accessibility menu by going to Settings > Accessibility > Screen Reader and selecting Default > On > or Off.
ASL and BSL Support
As of the Series 5 Update, players can enable American Sign Language (ASL) and British Sign Language (BSL) for cinematics in the Accessibility menu. This feature works by using a picture-in-picture display of an ASL or BSL interpreter during cinematic game scenes. Players can change where the interpreter appears on screen and adjust the background color to their preference.
We’re constantly listening to the community to make Forza Horizon 5 an inclusive experience for everyone to enjoy.
New game settings have been added to Forza Horizon 5: Hot Wheels
Forza Horizon 5: Hot Wheels features our fastest, most extreme, gravity-defying tracks yet. We have enabled accessibility features to make the experience more comfortable, including a roll indicator, the ability to turn motion blur off, field of view sliders, and a stunt steering assist.
With the exception of Motion Blur, which is available to all players whether or not they own the Hot Wheels expansion, these settings can only be interacted with when players are in the Horizon Hot Wheels Park area of the game.
All settings listed here can also be found within the accessibility menu.
Hot Wheels Stunt Steering Assist
- Available in Settings > Difficulty.
- When this setting is toggled ON, it will help steer away from the edges of the track when you are driving through steeply tilted or inverted Hot Wheels track pieces.
- This setting can only be toggled while you are outside of a race event in the Horizon Hot Wheels Park.
Hot Wheels Roll Indicator
- Available in Settings > HUD and Gameplay.
- When this setting is toggled ON, a UI reticle will appear in the middle of the screen, which dynamically changes based on the car’s rotation while on Hot Wheels tracks.
Camera FOV adjustments
- Available in Settings > Video.
- Your camera settings for Mexico won’t be affected by any changes to your chosen Hot Wheels FOV.
- For the first time, console players will be able to adjust their FOV. The following camera FOVs can be adjusted on console or PC:
- Hot Wheels Chase Cam FOV
- Hot Wheels Far Chase Cam FOV
- The following camera FOVs can be adjusted on PC only:
- Hot Wheels Driver Cam FOV
- Hot Wheels Dashboard Cam FOV
- Hot Wheels Hood Cam FOV
- Hot Wheels Bumper Cam FOV
Motion Blur (new for console players, and available to all players whether or not they own the Hot Wheels expansion)
- Available in Settings > Video.
- Console players, for the first time, can choose between three options for motion blur: Off, Short, Long.