Please try the following troubleshooting if your controller is not working
Make sure your windows version is up to date.
Check your cable connections
- Try to disconnect other devices and see if the issue persists.
- Try disconnecting all other USB devices.
- Try connecting the controller directly to the PC. (Do not use a USB switch or hub).
- Change the USB port the controller is plugged into.
Double check that your controller has updated firmware.
For Xbox controllers you can do this using the Xbox Accessories app on PC or Xbox. Check online for manufacturer instructions on how to best do this for third party controllers.
Update the controller through Device Manager.
- Plug the controller in.
- Press the Windows Key and then type Device Manager.
- Scroll down and find your controller device. For this example we will use the 'Xbox 360 Peripherals' option.
- Click it to expand the dropdown list.
- Right Click your device, again for this example it is Xbox 360 Controller for Windows
- Select Update Driver and choose Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software
- Lunch the game and try the controller again.