Please try the following troubleshooting if your controller is not working
Make sure your windows version is up to date.
Check your cable connections
- Try to disconnect other devices and see if the issue persists.
- Try disconnecting all other USB devices.
- Try connecting the controller directly to the PC. (Do not use a USB switch or hub).
- Change the USB port the controller is plugged into.
- Unpair (remove device) controller from windows under Bluetooth & other devices and reconnect (pair) controller to windows via Bluetooth.
Double-check that your controller has updated firmware.
For Xbox controllers, you can do this using the Xbox Accessories app on PC or Xbox. Check online for manufacturer instructions on doing this for third-party controllers best.
Update the controller through Device Manager.
- Plug the controller in.
- Press the Windows Key and then type Device Manager.
- Scroll down and find your controller device. We will use the 'Xbox 360 Peripherals' option for this example.
- Click it to expand the dropdown list.
- Right-Click your device again for this example; it is Xbox 360 Controller for Windows
- Select Update Driver and choose Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software
- Lunch the game and try the controller again.