Here are some troubleshooting tips to help troubleshoot IPsec errors. Please also review the Multiplayer Connection Troubleshooting for more information.
Make sure your router has up to date firmware.
- To do this you may have to go to the manufacturers website to download the newest firmware.
Make sure your router is not using a Teredo filter
- To troubleshoot and learn more about this please review the main support pages for Xbox Live server connectivity.
Make sure your router and firewall are not blocking any XboxLive service ports.
- To learn about and troubleshoot this please visit
- These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work:
- Port 88 (UDP)
- Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
- Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
- Port 80 (TCP)
- Port 500 (UDP)
- Port 3544 (UDP)
- Port 4500 (UDP)
- Port 1026 (UDP and TCP)
- You can also find information about opening ports on your router at the Port Forward website. This website lists commonly used ports for various apps and games, but if your router isn't listed or you need more help, contact your Internet service provider or router manufacturer.
Disable L2TP, PPTP, or IPSec pass-throughs on your router.
Check how to do this on the manufacturers website for your router.
Ask your ISP to turn on Dual Stack instead of DS Lite for your connection if possible.