Here are some troubleshooting tips to help troubleshoot IPsec errors.
Make sure you are signed into the correct account.
Double check that you are signed into the correct account, especially if you have recently changed your password or gamertag. Please sign out of then back into the following apps.
Xbox Console Companion
Xbox Game Bar
Xbox On Steam
Make sure your router has up to date firmware.
- To do this you may have to go to the manufacturers website to download the newest firmware.
Make sure your router is not using a Teredo filter
- To troubleshoot and learn more about this please review the main support pages for Xbox Live server connectivity.
Make sure your router and firewall are not blocking any XboxLive service ports.
- To learn about and troubleshoot this please visit
- These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work:
- Port 88 (UDP)
- Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
- Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
- Port 80 (TCP)
- Port 500 (UDP)
- Port 3544 (UDP)
- Port 4500 (UDP)
- Port 1026 (UDP and TCP)
- You can also find information about opening ports on your router at the Port Forward website. This website lists commonly used ports for various apps and games, but if your router isn't listed or you need more help, contact your Internet service provider or router manufacturer.
Disable L2TP, PPTP, or IPSec pass-throughs on your router.
Check how to do this on the manufacturers website for your router.
Ask your ISP to turn on Dual Stack instead of DS Lite for your connection if possible.
- Exit the game completely
- Then go into setting>network>network settings>advanced settings>alternate MAC address
- Then clear it
- Xbox will restart itself
- After it restarts go into network settings and advanced settings again and go into ip settings and click automatic
- Go into dns settings and select automatic
- Go into alternate port selection and select automatic ..
- Relaunch the game
If you are still having issues after trying the provided steps, please contact official support for assistance.
The support links to a virtual agent to assist you. If you would like to call a support agent type "phone support" in the virtual agent window. You'll be prompted to answer a couple questions about your issue, then directed to either get in the phone queue, or schedule a call.