To ensure everyone has the best experience in Forza Horizon 4, we resist attempts by third-party applications to insert code into the game client. This may result in an incompatibility between Forza Horizon 4 and the features that are common in third-party applications.
The Game Capture mode of applications such as OBS and XSplit are not supported.
- To capture while playing in exclusive fullscreen:
- Hardware capture through methods such as Elgato, AVerMedia, or a dedicated streaming PC is supported.
- NVIDIA Shadowplay and AMD ReLive are supported
- To capture while playing in Windowed Mode (including Borderless Fullscreen):
- OBS and XSplit Screen Capture mode is supported.
- OBS and XSplit Window Capture mode is supported.
Windows 10 Gaming Features
- The Windows Game Bar onscreen overlay is not compatible while playing in Exclusive Fullscreen, but its functional in Windowed Fullscreen and other Windowed Modes.
- Gameplay recording via Game DVR is supported in all display modes using hotkeys, or using the game bar when available.
Other recording applications such as Dxtory, Razer Cortex, and Fraps, have similar restrictions as outlined above.
Some features from third-party applications which reply on the use of screen overlays are generally not compatible with Forza Horizon 4 on PC. (Discord).