To ensure everyone has the best experience in Forza Horizon 4, we resist attempts by third-party applications to insert code into the game client. This may result in an incompatibility between Forza Horizon 4 and the features that are common in third-party applications.
The Game Capture mode of applications such as OBS and XSplit are not supported in Certain modes.
Fullscreen Capture with Hardware capture through applications such as:
- Elgato supported
- AVerMedia supported
- NVIDIA Shadowplay supported
- AMD ReLiveor supported
- Dedicated streaming PC are supported
Capture in WIndowed mode (including Borderless Fullscreen):
- OBS and XSplit Screen Capture mode is supported.
- OBS and XSplit Window Capture mode is supported.
Windows 10 Gaming Features
- The Windows Game Bar onscreen overlay is not compatible while playing in Exclusive Fullscreen, but its functional in Windowed Fullscreen and other Windowed Modes.
- Gameplay recording via Game DVR is supported in all display modes using hotkeys, or using the game bar when available.
Other recording applications such as Dxtory, Razer Cortex, and Fraps, have similar restrictions as outlined above.
Some features from third-party applications which reply on the use of screen overlays are generally not compatible with Forza Horizon 4 on PC. (Discord).