The Forza Motorsport series of games take place on closed circuit tarmac tracks depicting real world locations (Le Mans, Daytona, etc). Forza Horizon 3 is an open world game where drivers can choose their own route through city streets and go off road. The world of Forza Horizon 3 takes place in a compressed version of Australia, highlighting the varied terrain as well as depicting known landmarks. Motorsport and Horizon games share the same physics and lighting engine (ForzaTech), with slightly more forgiving handling in Horizon, but not "arcadey." The theme of Forza Horizon 3 is a fictional music festival where the player is the boss: "That means you’ll be making the big decisions that affect the festival. From choosing when and where to expand the festival sites, all the way down to the music that is played and the events that take place – the decisions are up to you. Your goal is to win fans until your festival is the most popular in the world."
Articles in this section
- #Forzathon 'Into the Horizon' Challenges
- Missing Barn Finds?
- What is the Minimum I Need to Play Forza Horizon 3? Do I Need a Steering Wheel?
- Is Forza Horizon 3 Suitable for my Child?
- How is Forza Horizon 3 Different from Forza Motorsport 6 etc?
- Other Issues
- Pre-Order Bonuses and Methods
- Editions (Xbox and PC), Release Dates, Pre-loading