Xbox Installing Games from Disk
When you insert a game disc, the console checks to see whether the game is already installed. If it isn't, you're prompted to install the game.
Note: You may also be prompted to download an update for the game if you are connected to the internet.
Xbox Installing by a Game Code
On the Xbox Console
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then select Home. Make sure you're signed into the Microsoft account for which you want to redeem the code.
- On the Home screen, scroll right and select Store.
- Select Use a code.
- Use the onscreen keyboard to enter your 25 character code on the Redeem your code screen, and then select Next to finalize your redemption. Don't worry about the hyphens, the system takes care of those for you.
In the Browser
- In a browser, go to Redeem code, and then select Sign In.
- Enter the 25 character prepaid code and then select Redeem.
Once the code has been redeemed by any of the two methods above, you will see the Forza title in the 'Ready to Install' section within 'My Games and Apps' on the Xbox Console ready for install. Select it to begin the install process.
Xbox Installing by Preorder from the Microsoft/Xbox Store
The Forza title that you preordered will appear in the 'Ready to Install' section within 'My Games and Apps' on the Xbox Console ready for install if purchased directly from the Microsoft/Xbox Store.