Driving Assists allow players of all skill levels to play. The game offers six difficulty presets: Super Easy, Easy, Medium, Hard, Professional, or Veteran. Super Easy includes assisted steering and braking, essentially allowing new players to pull the trigger and go. The most difficult setting - Veteran - is more demanding for car control and use of the controller for shifting. Driving Assists are independent of HUD options. Players also have the option to change each assist:
- Suggested Line: Full, Braking Only, Off. When on, translucent arrows over the pavement turn red if your speed is too high for a coming corner.
- Braking: Assisted, ABS On, or ABS Off
- Steering: Super Easy, Assisted, Normal, or Simulation. Super Easy automatically steers.
- Traction Control: Super Easy, On, Off. Cuts power to the drive tires to prevent slipping, helpful for high powered cars.
- Stability Control: Super Easy, On, Off. Controls wheel spin in corners.
- Shifting: Auto/Manual/Clutch. Mastering Manual/Clutch will provide a competitive advantage with reduced shift time/lag.
- Damage, Fuel, Tires: Cosmetic, Fuel & Tires, Simulation. Cosmetic allows scratches without performance reduction, Simulation allows 100% damage to immobilize the car, and lights can be broken making night racing difficult.
- Rewind: Correct mistakes and learn by trying new corner entry etc. (Not available in multiplayer.)
- Friction Assist: On or Off. FA On equalizes the friction for every surface to prevent sliding on wet tracks and grass. Using FA will disable leaderboard submissions. "It's a learning tool for new players. Will be disabled in Rivals and most "common" hoppers but available in beginner hoppers."
Xbox Wire: What's a Drivatar and Why Should I Care? - September 2014
"Whereas other racing games use a standard and time-tested form of artificial intelligence, Forza actually learns from the driving behavior of actual players. The data it learns from watching you play is saved as a driving avatar – a Drivatar. Since the first Forza Motorsport on the original Xbox, the feature has evolved, and starting with last year’s Forza Motorsport 5 debut on the Xbox One, your Drivatar moved to the cloud, ready to be called upon to race other players. It’s not online play, and it’s not a straight recording of you driving a particular track – it’s something much more complex and interesting."
- Difficulty: New Racer, Average, Highly Skilled, Pro
- Limit Aggression: Off lets Drivatars behave as they've learned. On prevents Drivatars from blocking or sideswiping.
(Written by Manteomax)