Xbox.com: FM7 pre-order links
FM.net: Pre-Order announcement
Forum: Editions and DLC thread
What is the game's content rating?
Rating: ESRB-E and PEGI-3 - content appropriate for all age groups
What is Forza Motorsport 7's release date?
- September 29, 2017 - Ultimate Edition (global launch, midnight local time)
- October 3, 2017 - Deluxe and Standard (global launch, midnight local time)
- November 7, 2017 - Xbox One X release
How do I buy FM7 for just PC if I don't own a console? (Play Anywhere)
FM7 on Windows 10 PC is a free benefit of the Xbox Play Anywhere feature for digital purchases, which works with downloads direct from Xbox/Microsoft and from codes purchased at retailers. FM7 is not available on Steam. If you have a console but don't have a tv, you can stream the game from the console to your PC monitor via the Xbox App.
Forums: discussion thread
Do I need pay for an upgrade when the Xbox One X releases?
No, the content and gamesave is the same for all Xbox One systems, just with 4K assets on the Xbox One X. External storage can be simply unplugged and plugged into the Xbox One X, and data can be transferred from one console to the other over a home network.
What's included in each pre-order bundle?
- Disc $59.99 Standard Edition = softcase
- Disc $99.99 Ultimate Edition = Steelbook case + Day One Car Pack + Early Access play
- Digital $59.99 Standard = Play Anywhere + Hoonigan Car Pack (FM7 & FH3)
- Digital $79.99 Deluxe = Play Anywhere + Hoonigan Car Pack (FM7 & FH3) + Day One Car Pack + VIP
- Digital $99.99 Ultimate = Play Anywhere + Hoonigan Car Pack (FM7 & FH3) + Day One Car Pack + VIP + Car Pass + Early Access play
Forums: discussion thread on Ultimate Edition details
What's the difference between content on disc and digital versions?
The game content is the same for both formats except for video option menus in the Windows PC version.
Forums: discussion thread
Is there a discount for previous Forza game owners or VIPs?
Are there any retailer-exclusive cars this time?
Instead of cars, Exclusive Driver Gear DLC is available from different retailers, including Xbox.com. GameStop and GAME are offering a Diecast scale model 2018 Porsche 911 GT2.
Forums: discussion thread for Porsche model
Forums: discussion thread for bonuses
Can I upgrade my Standard or Deluxe Edition after launch with the Ultimate bundled DLC?
No but you can purchase the Day One Car Pack, VIP and Car Pass separately.
How can I get all content?
The way to get almost all FM7 in-game content with the best bundled discount is to pre-order the digital download version of the Ultimate Edition directly from Xbox (console dashboard/Windows Store/Xbox app), but there are exclusives from separate retailers, and the Ultimate Edition may not include all future DLC:
- Early Access (September 29 release) is only available with the Ultimate Edition (both disc and digital).
- PC play is only available with digital purchase (Xbox's Play Anywhere feature); some retailers sell digital codes. (Disc-owner gamesaves are retained if you later purchase a digital license).
- Retailer- specific Driver Gear DLC is only available from pre-ordering at select vendors.
- The Hoonigan Car Pack for FM7 is a digital download/code bundle exclusive (now available in the car pass); the Hoonigan pack for FH3 is also included for free.
- VIP and Car Pass are typically available for all edition owners to purchase after launch, but only the Ultimate Edition (disc and digital) bundles both and may be less expensive as a bundle than as add-ons.
- Car Pass and Ultimate Edition typically do not include all DLC; there may be additional paid DLC outside these add-ons and editions contents.
- Tokens have been available as an accelerator in previous Forza games but haven't been required to access any content or progress.
- The top tier in Forza Rewards (in-game gifts, typically credits) is only available to players with history in previous Forza games, though external CR shouldn't be necessary for typical game progress.
- Online features for console require Xbox Live Gold membership (not required for PC multiplayer).
- Crossplay (console and PC players together in multiplayer) is only available in Xbox Live markets.
- HDR requires an enabled tv/monitor with Xbox One S or X or capable PC
- 4K requires an enabled tv/monitor with the Xbox One X or capable PC; PC will offer unlocked framerate.
(Written by Manteomax)