From the in-game Help guide:
"Drive with style and build up a Skill chain. The more Skills you perform in a row, the bigger your chain. Don't crash or you'll lose all your score! Avoid a collision to bank your score, once you have enough you will earn a Skill Point to spend in the Skill Shop. You can unlock loads of great perks, including instant cash prizes, drift score multipliers, or even the ability to fast travel anywhere!"
Why did I only earn 3 points for a million score skill chain?
You earn a Skill Point after every accumulated 100,000 score but this is capped at 3 points per chain, so you won't get any more points for a chain above 300,000.
Tip: Head to the sand dunes near the airport or one of the plant fields, turn your radio to Timeless, and build your chain during a Skill Song. Timeless classical songs are longer than the other stations, and the constant jumping or wrecking fields makes it easy to build up your chain without worry of hitting objects or cars.
gameplay from Gamescom revealed many of the same Skills that appeared in FH2 and FH1. Skills are graded at higher levels for higher scores - Great, Awesome, Ultimate - 100 points for a basic skill, 275 for a Great skill (faster or longer etc), and so on. Combos earn 1000 score for performing two or more skills together.
SKILL SHOP PERKS
ANNA introduces the Skill Shop after you have selected your second Festival site. The Skill Shop is found under the Progress tab of the pause menu. In each of the three groups, all players start with the ability to buy one Perk with their available Skill Points. Once the first perk has been purchase its tile will display as green, and it will unlock neighboring perks for purchase (white), and the perks displayed as grey tiles are locked. This means you'll need to buy a 1 point perk + 2 point perk + 5 point perk etc to get to a 10 point perk. Perks include temporary XP and CR bonuses, permanent XP and CR bonus factors, playground games advantages, features such as Drone Mode and Fast Travel to any location on the map (as opposed to just Festival Sites), and even three cars not available from the Autoshow.
Festival Boss Perks (points required and benefit)
- Drone Mode - 1 - Anything you discover with Drone Mode is added to your Map - points of interest, locations, and even Barn Finds
- Street Racer - 1 - Make open road racing go viral and get 25% extra Credits from Head-to-Head Races.
- Bounty Drivatars - 1 - Attracts Drivatars to your Festival who will give a huge Credit reward to anyone who beats them.
- Hot Lap Fever - 1 - Your PR team will run a campaign to attract extra sponsorship, earning you 10% more Credits in Rivals events.
- Daily Double - 1 - Your Drivatar is famous! Generate double Credits from driving at other Festivals.
- Expert Curator - 2 - The Horizon Media Team will push your created content so you get 25% more Credits from Tuning and Paint downloads.
- Community Hero - 2 - Earn 20% more Credits for completing Blueprint Bucket Lists.
- Horn Import - 2 - Your Horizon Mod team will obtain additional Car Horns for your cars.
- Influence - 2 - Your Destination vote counts as two votes in Online Adventure.
- Celebrity - 2 - Your Drivatar is lining up at other Festivals! Earn 50% more Credits for being hired to someone's Lineup.
- Bounty Hunter - 3 - An Icon appears above Bounty Drivatars, making them easier to spot.
- Join the Club - 3 - Earn 10% more Club XP for completing online races.
- Horizon Promo - 3 - Unlock Horizon Promo - take photos of cars for cash!
- Syndicate - 3 - Earn 10% more Credits from the Club League.
- Rare Horn Import - 3 - Your Horizon Mod Team has scoured the world and obtained some rare Car Horns.
- Spin It Again - 5 - Allows you to purchase extra Wheelspins with Credits. VIP Bonus does not apply in these Wheelspins.
- Double Down - 10 - Earn double Credits from the next Exhibition event you complete.
- Hot Lap Hero - 10 - Quadruple the Rivals bounty of the next player you beat in Rivals.
- Pull Rank - 10 - Take advantage of being the Boss, and start at the front of the grid for the next 4 Campaign Races.
- Champion - 10 - Earn 30% extra Credits from your next championship.
- Dealership Discount - 10 - Your Horizon Garage Team will sweet talk Upgrade suppliers to give you a 10% discount in the Garage
- In the Fast Lane - 10 - Permanent 10% increase in Event Finish XP.
- Headliners - 10 - Your Drivatar Lineup is a hit with the Fans! Earn even more Fans, XP and Credits from your Lineup
- Fast Travel Anywhere - 15 - The Fast Travel Anywhere Service is added to your Festival. Use the Map to instantly hop around Australia.
- Exec Wheels - 20 - Drive around with some sweet executive style in the Bentley Continental GT.
- Horizon Skill Song - 1 - Speak to your Horizon DJs and increase your Skill Multiplier much faster when a Skill Song is played.
- Me and My Friends - 1 - Get in a Convoy and get noticed. Earn 10% more XP from Skills while in a Convoy.
- Risk Taker - 1 - Your Near Miss Skill scores are increased by 10%
- Behind You - 1 - Your Drafting Skill scores are incrased by 10%
- Seek and Destroy - 1 - Drivatars will look for secrets and help you discover collectables while in a Convoy.
- Immune System - 2 - You start games of Infected in a ghosted state for 15s unless you start as the first Infected player.
- Ghost King - 2 - Your ghost state lasts 2s longer when you become King.
- Addicted to Destruction - 2 - Earn 10% toward your Skill Score for Wreckage Skills.
- Passing the Pack - 2 - Earn 20% more Skill score for Pass Skills.
- Escape Artist - 2 - Ghosting in Flag Rush lasts 1 second longer.
- Love Tap - 3 - Earn 500% more Skill score for Drift Tap skills.
- Pilot Wings - 3 - Earn 20% more toward your Skill score for Air Skills
- Drift Star - 3 - Your Drift and E-Drift Skill Scores are increased by 10%
- Radio Star - 3 - Skill Songs are a hit around the Festival. The DJs will play Skill Songs more often.
- Wombo Combo - 3 - Earn 10% more toward your Skill score from Combo Skills.
- Skill Legend - 5 - Keep that Skill Chain rolling! Your Skill Multiplier can go to 6.
- Hang On - 5 - Your Skill Chain ends 1s later than normal.
- Skill Shortcut - 5 - Your Skills Multiplier builds twice as fast.
- It's Not Easy Being Clean - 10 - The Horizon crowd wants to see clean racing! Earn 100% more Skill Score for Clean Skills.
- Skills Boss - 10 - You earn an extra 25% XP from Skills banked in Freeroam.
- The XP Bump - 10 - Earn triple Skills XP from the next 3 Campaign races.
- Taking Requests - 10 - Convince the Horizon DJs to play a Skill Song. This does not include tracks played on Groove Music.
- Made to Order - 10 - Flash your Horizon Boss badge so that the next car you buy will be discounted by 5%
- Mechanic - 10 - Your next Upgrade Checkout at the Garage is free.
- When in Rome - 30 - Rock Australia like it's Italy in the 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera
- Fingers Crossed - 1 - Hope you get what you want. Get an instant Wheelspin. VIP Bonus does not apply to this Wheelspin.
- Magazine Spot - 1 - The Horizon Festival is getting globally advertised in magazines. Get an instant 15,000 XP.
- Relocation Bonus - 1 - A little something to help you get settled. Say... 25,000 CR?
- Local Hero - 1 - The Festivalgoeers in Byron Bay are noticing you. Get an instant 15,000 XP.
- Push Your Luck - 1 - There's no such thing as luck when you're the boss. Get an instant Wheelspin. VIP Bonus does not apply.
- Australian Hero - 2 - The Australian people have embraced you and the Festival. Get an instant 20,000 XP.
- Summer Bonus - 2 - The sun is shinging, and Fans are lining the stands. Get an instant bonus of 30,000 CR.
- I Feel the Need - 2 - You're making a name for yourself on the street scene. Get an instant 20,000 XP.
- Cash Injection - 2 - You're nailing it as the new Boss. Get an instant 30,000 CR.
- Radio Spot - 2 - Get the Horizon DJs to takeover worldwide radio. Get an instant 20,000 XP.
- Household Name - 3 - Everybody Knows your name. Get an instant 50,000 CR.
- Worldwide Hero - 3 - You are an International Superstar. Get an instant 25,000 XP.
- Lucky Hit - 3 - You're the Boss, and you get to enjoy spinning the wheel too. Get an instant Wheelspin. VIP Bonus does not apply.
- Boss of the People - 3 - You can't even take a cruise at 5:00 a.m. without meeting someone who knows your name. Get an instant 25,000 XP.
- Sponsorship Deal - 3 - You secured a new sponsor for the Festival. They gave you 50,000 CR to sweeten the deal.
- TV Spot - 5 - Horizon will hit all major international TV networks. Get an instant 30,000 XP.
- International Superstar - 5 - Fans shower the street with cash as you drive by. Get an instant 100,000 CR.
- Level Up - 5 - You've reached new heights in your career. Get an instant 30,000 XP.
- Money Magnet - 5 - Your reign as Horizon Boss is legendary - have 100,000 CR!
- Annual Bonus - 5 - The Horizon Festival is a certified success. You can't have a vacation, but you can have 30,000 XP.
- Prize Time - 10 - A little gift from the sponsors! Get an instant Wheelspin. VIP Bonus does not apply in this Wheelspin.
- Experienced - 10 - Your time as the Boss is paying off. Get 40,000 XP.
- Small Wonder - 10 - All eyes on you as you cruise around Australia in the 1965 Mini Cooper S.
- Hot Prospect - 10 - Everyone is looking at you now. Get an instant 40,000 XP.
- Spinball Wizard - 10 - Of course it's not rigged! Get an instant Wheelspin. VIP Bonus does not apply to this Wheelspin.
See these perks in spreadsheet form at www.ManteoMax.com
(Written by Manteomax)