Q: I already play Forza Horizon 4 on Windows Store/Xbox, will my game progress or items carry over to Steam if I buy the Steam version?
A: Your save file which includes progress and in game items on Steam is completely unique and separate from any pre-existing save file that’s associated with your Xbox Live gamertag, due to technical limitations. This includes user generated content like liveries, layer groups, blue prints, etc... However, there are a few exceptions:
- Leaderboards are one per gamertag. May the best profile win.
- Clubs are one per gamertag. Join once, play anywhere.
- Share codes can be used anywhere.
- Backstage passes and Forzathon points are linked to the gamertag.
- Gift messages that have already been redeemed on another platform with your gamertag are not resent to the Steam version.
Q: Why didn't I get Gift Cars or gift messages on my Steam version?
A: If your gamertag/account has already redeemed gifts on Xbox or Windows 10 then those gifts will not appear again on Steam. If your gamertag has already redeemed gifts on Steam then those gifts will not appear again on Xbox or Windows 10.
Q: Is there a way to transfer my save progress or gameplay to my Steam version?
A: There is not a way to transfer saved data between Steam and Windows Store/Xbox at this time
Please check out our other FAQs for more information